Samsung is continuing to evolve in the tablet and smartphone arena with new devices being popped day on day. Today Samsung introduces the Galaxy Tab 2 7-inch tablet that is a successor to the highly acclaimed Galaxy Tab and Tab Plus handhelds. Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 comes pre-installed, which makes it Samsung’s first tablet to be manufactured with ICS 4.0. On the hardware front the tablet seems similar to its predecessors or you may even call it a downgrade, as the processor on the Tab 2 is a 1GHz while the Tab Plus features uses a 1.2 GHz CPU. We will find both the 3G and Wi-Fi variants to be made available upon product release.
Software enhancements to be shipped include Chat On, Samsung Hub that comprises of Music Hub, Video Hub and Readers providing users with a massive database of e-books, music, movies and videos at a flick of a finger. Android ICS 4.0 would help users to access and download a wide variety of apps with close to 400,000 Android Market apps with a new UI. Samsung will also introduce its new service called “AllShare Play“ allowing playback, streaming, and data transfers on to the Tab 2 via PC’s, Samsung Devices, and other third party online storage providers.
Also Read :Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 arrives India
The tablet is first to be rolled out in the UK arriving March this year followed by a worldwide release. Specific release dates are yet to be revealed. We will keep you posted with further buzz and news for the newly launched gizmo.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) Quick Specs:
- 7-inch WSVGA PLS TFT display (1024 x 600 pixels)
- 1GHz Dual Core Processor
- Samsung Touch Wiz UI
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 pre-installed
- 1GB RAM
- 3MP rear camera (supports HD Video recoring)
- VGA front camera for video calls.
- 8/16/32 GB internal memory with support for Micro SD card up to 32GB
- Samsung apps including Social Hub, Chat On, S Suggest, AllShare Ready
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, HSPDA+ (21 Mbps), and A-GPS (3G only) connectivity.
- 4000 mAh battery
- Variants: Wi-Fi only / 3G + Wi-Fi